Registration for 2020 is now OPEN!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ.
After a long wait, but we are excited to announce that we are opening registration for swim team practice! We will begin practice on Monday, June 29, 2020.
We will be following all CDC, USA Swimming, State, County and MVF protocols. Phase 2 protocols allows us to have only 1 swimmer per lane. Based on our survey results we will be offering four 45 minute practices daily for 6 weeks. Practices will be held from 7:00 -10:00 am from Monday through Saturday.
|Group A M/W/F||7:00-7:45 am||7:45 am-8:30 am||8:30 -9:15 am||9:15-10:00 am|
|Group B Tu/Th/Sa||7:00-7:45 am||7:45 am-8:30 am||8:30 -9:15 am||9:15-10:00 am|
Swimmers will be placed in groups based on practice time preferences, shared household members, and skill level. You will be able to use a Google document to choose time slots based on your top 3 preferences. We will do our best to accommodate these preferences, but cannot make any guarantees.
- Registration is only available to returning swim team members (including outside memberships to the pool).
- There will be no Pre-Team.
- Any swimmer who did not swim in either an A or B meet last season will need to pass a swim test the first day of practice. Admittance will be at the discretion of the reps and the coach. We cannot accept any swimmer who will not follow directions or cannot swim a full length across the pool.
- Since we are required by MVF to have 2 Deck Parents at each session, it is required to serve as Deck Parent once a week per swimmer.
- Deck Parent duty is as follows:
- One parent on duty is responsible for seeing that:
- The emergency gate is kept closed.
- All people entering the pool area are affiliated with the swim team.
- The second parent on duty is responsible for seeing that:
- MVF rules and regulations are enforced.
- Swimmers are kept off diving boards, guard chairs, out of the tot pool, pool office, and any other part of the building except the bath house.
- All safety precautions are taken at pool and bath house
- Deck Parent duty is as follows:
Swimmers should arrive 10 minutes prior to their designated session time and sign-in outside of the gate. Everyone outside of the gate and on deck will be required to wear masks. As soon as the gate opens, each swimmer will go to their designated lane to start practice. There will be 2 groups assigned for practices: Group A will practice on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group B will practice on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This allows for a total of 48 swimmers for the practice sessions. If we reach capacity, you will be directed to a link to sign up for a wait list. Swimmers on the wait list can either move into practice 1 of 3 ways: 1) when another practice member releases their spot OR 2) if a registered swimmer has not passed the swim test OR 3) we have entered Phase 3 and that allows us to include additional swimmers in each lane. Swimmers are expected to be fully prepared to begin swimming upon arrival at the pool.
- No furniture will be provided. Residents are encouraged to bring their own chair/towel to sit on.
- All swim team participants, deck parents, coaches and lifeguards must be off deck by 10:10am.
- There will be no use of showers or changing rooms. The family bathroom may be used upon request for bathroom breaks.
- Swimmers will be required to complete a sign-in upon entry and sign-out when leaving.
- Swimmers should stay at least 6-feet apart (both in and out of the water) from other individuals not from their household.
- Per the Governor's Executive Order, s must wear face coverings when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household. Swimmers and those attending practice are required to wear face coverings at all times when in the bathhouses. Swimmers should not wear face coverings in the water.
- Anyone entering the facility must not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Water fountains at the pool will be closed per Montgomery County guidelines.
- All swim team members and anyone accompanying them must exit the bathhouse areas by 10:00 AM. The MVF team will then clean facility.
- MVF staff will visit the pool periodically to monitor compliance with State, County and MVF requirements for use.
- Pool practices are only permitted when the pool is closed to the public.